With a doctorate in clinical psychology and an established career in the mental health field, Dr. Small brings a range of skills in individual, couples, family and group therapy to her practice. She has worked in diverse treatment settings, including the Renfrew Center of Philadelphia, where she treated individuals with eating disorders, sexual trauma, anxiety and depression. In addition, Dr. Small has held several academic posts: as adjunct professor in the graduate psychology program of Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia and as assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the former Medical College of Pennsylvania, where she directed residency training programs in adolescent and family therapy. She has also published in professional journals and in a number of local papers, including the Jewish Exponent and the Parent's Guide Magazine, where her monthly "For Women Only" column appeared. Her radio program, "A Small World," featured topics relating to psychology and the arts.
Dr. Small brings sensitivity, passion and maturity to her clinical work. Treating the full range of psychological and stress disorders, she has a special interest and expertise in couples and family therapy, women's issues and eating disorders.
Articles by Dr. Small:
- Abuse: "The Other Kind of Abuse: Emotional/Verbal Abuse, Part I"
- Abuse: "The Other Kind of Abuse: Emotional/Verbal Abuse, Part II"
- Abuse: "One in Four: Sexual Abuse is Only Partly Out of the Closet"
- Anxiety Disorders: "Henny Penny - The Sky is Falling!"
- Depression: "Depression in Men"
- Depression: "The Demon Monster"
- Eating Disorders: "The Fat Phobia"
- Marriage: "We're All Married to the Same Man!"
- Marriage: "Why Marriages Fail, Why Marriages Succeed"
- Women's Issues: "Mirror, mirror on the Wall...Tell me I'm Perfect!"